What is the role?
We have a new exciting opportunity for a highly experienced Physiotherapist to join Southampton FC and lead in the treatment and rehabilitation of injured players within the First team environment. You will need to be able to apply a strategic approach to the development of methods to track the rehabilitation of injured players and coordinate resources appropriately. You will also be required to work closely with a range of healthcare professionals and Sports Scientists in progressive service delivery to the Professional Phase.
What are we looking for?
To thrive in this role, you must have extensive experience working within an elite sports environment and excellent knowledge of rehabilitation of sports injuries. We are looking for someone who is passionate about player injury treatment and prevention, and has demonstrable experience of tracking and managing rehabilitation for various complex injuries over several sporting seasons, and who has tried and tested numerous different approaches for treatment in order to deliver successful outcomes for elite players.
The ideal candidate will have exceptional player management skills and the ability to share their expertise for constructive and teaching purposes.
The competencies which are required include:
- Extensive experience of delivery within an elite sports environment, which must include the tracking and management of various complex injuries over prolonged periods and proven ability to identify and test multiple treatment options.
- Proven track record of delivering rehabilitation within this setting.
- Experience working within professional football
- Managing, communication and delegating in an elite Sports Science & Medicine team
- Multi-sport experience
Essential Qualifications (including certifications):
- Chartered Physiotherapy
- CSP/HCPC registered
Desirable Qualifications (including certifications):
- Post-graduate qualification (MSc/PhD)
- Up to date ATMIFF qualification.
- Broad knowledge of assessment, diagnosis, treatment and rehabilitation of sports injuries.
- Extensive knowledge of movement dysfunction analysis and intervention.
- Highly skilled in delivering & planning effective methods of injury prevention and performance enhancement.
- Excellent player management skills
- High level academic/research knowledge.
- Ability & enthusiasm to instruct, teach, share knowledge and be a resource for all junior staff members of the Sports Medicine and Science department
- Passion & specialism for rehab (across the full spectrum)
- Expertise in a specific area of practice
What do you get in return?
If you are successful you can look forward to a healthy benefits package;
- Access to x2 free match tickets for every home league game
- 26 days’ holiday per year
- Life Assurance Cover of 2x salary.
- Contributory Pension Scheme.
- Incentivised Private Medical Insurance Scheme.
- Child Care Vouchers.
- Worldwide Travel Insurance.
- Free onsite parking.
- Discounted Southampton Football Club merchandise.