About the company
Leicester City Football Club, also known as the Foxes, is a top-flight English football club, in their sixth consecutive season in the Premier League. In 2015/16, ranked as 5000-1 outsiders, Leicester City were crowned Premier League champions.
In 2010, the Club was bought by Asian Football Investments, a Thai-led consortium fronted by King Power’s founder and Chairman, Vichai Srivaddhanaprabha. The stadium was named King Power Stadium in 2011 and one year later in 2012, King Power International became sole owners of the Club.
Leicester City Football Club is an ambitious and forward-thinking club. It is deeply committed to the local community and its supporters and continually strives to ensure that every point of engagement with fans is truly world class including the experience on matchdays.
The Club is now continuing to make significant strategic investments across the whole organisation and major expansion plans are in hand. It is an extremely exciting time for the Club with plans for a new state-of-the-art 180-acre training ground soon to open.
About the role
An exciting opportunity has presented itself due to the launch of new sport science strategic initiatives at Leicester City Football Club Academy. There is a full-time position available for the role of Youth Development Phase Sport Scientist.
The position carries an attractive package for services and the opportunity to deliver respective Sport Science support to the development U9-U14 squads specifically at a Premier League club academy.
Selected candidates will be required to undertake an internal induction process and complete the necessary safeguarding procedures at Leicester City to coincide with training protocols at the Club.
Key duties include:
- Providing feedback accordingly to the Head of Sport Science, coaching and medical staff on training and match-play workload data
- Designing and delivering physical syllabus, multi-sport conditioning, injury prevention and individual on-field SAQ programs in conjunction with club philosophy
- Organising and delivering physiological testing and monitoring procedures to identify training program responses and readiness to train variables
- Assisting the Youth Development Phase Strength and Conditioning Coach with gymnasium-based physical sessions and individualised performance development programmes in conjunction with club philosophy
- Contributing to EPPP strategy through the use of performance management applications, internal review processes and education programs
Who we’re looking for
The ideal candidate will have excellent communication skills and the ability to work as part of a multi-disciplinary team of support. You will be capable of using GPS and accelerometer technology to record and analyse physical exertion processes in youth soccer players and feel confident using HR and GPS data/equipment.
You will work autonomously on your own initiative, be pro-active in managing your time, building an understanding of the internal and external environment in order to deliver work in a highly effective and professional manner.
- Sport Science honours degree
- Engaged on UKSCA development pathway through pre-accreditation workshop attendance
- Resilience and the ability to maintain professionalism and a calm demeanour always
- Excellent IT skills (including excellent Microsoft Office – Word, Excel, PowerPoint)
- Able to work to tight deadlines
Leicester City Football Club offers a competitive salary and pension scheme with life assurance to all its permanent employees.
Employees are able to benefit from free onsite parking as well as an onsite staff restaurant. Employees also benefit from up to 33 days annual leave including bank holidays.
- Undertaking some practical guided coaching with professional and developing athletes
- Learn from senior sports science coaching staff on coaching methodologies, LTAD programming and delivery of football specific physical preparation and monitoring strategies.
- Enrolment on the BASES Supervised Experience programme under the guidance of a BASES HPSA or accredited supervisor
- Undertake a formalised UKSCA Strength and Conditioning mentorship towards ASCC status with two UKSCA accredited staff members
- A Comprehensive internal LCFC CPD programme.
- Receive child protection and CRB training from Leicester City
Contract Type – Permanent
Hours Per Week – 37.5, including evenings and weekend
Leicester City Football Club is an equal opportunities employer and we positively welcome applications from all candidates regardless of age, disability, gender reassignment, marriage and civil partnership, pregnancy and maternity, race, religion or belief, sex and sexual orientation.
Leicester City Football Club is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff to share this commitment. As such, you may be subject to a satisfactory enhanced disclosure via the Disclosure & Barring Service and prior to taking up any role.
A shortlist of suitable applicants will be compiled shortly after the closing date and successful candidates will be contacted about the interview process.
More info in how to apply HERE