AFC Bournemouth are seeking to recruit a data scientist to enhance and support the day-to-day processes of the analytics department.
The successful candidate will be based at the club’s training ground, working with the first-team match analysis and recruitment departments.
The data scientist will report to the Head Of Analysis and the Recruitment Coordinator, working closely with first team staff from both departments.
• Work in line with the club’s philosophy on data analysis and modelling, to contribute to its future progression
• Create, maintain and progress data analytics tools that enhance decision making processes
• Manage large volumes of data, including merging information from various sources
• Automate manual processes to increase efficiency in both departments
• Adapt to the requests and needs of various staff within the team as a collective
• A portfolio of work, demonstrating an ability to work with large datasets, to build, maintain and display output that enhances subjective analysis of team performance and/or player recruitment
• Extensive experience of programming language (Python/R)
• Experience working with raw data, including event & tracking data (e.g. Opta f24)
• Understanding and experience with web technologies
• Creative and effective data visualisation skills (e.g. experience with Tableau)
• A sound understanding of the game – including, but not limited to, the technical and tactical analysis of teams and individuals.
• Effective communication skills to present findings to staff members across different departments
• A strong work ethic, with an emphasis on flexibility in the working environment (to work alone or as part of a group).
• Minimum Bachelor’s level qualification in computer science/statistics (or similar)
To apply for this role, please send the following to [email protected] by 1st February 2020.
• Cover letter (explaining why you are suitable for the role)
• Curriculum vitae (including references)
• Examples of your work
• Your salary expectations
Originaly posted at https://www.afcb.co.uk/news/club-news/vacancy-data-scientist/