DEPARTMENT: Chelsea FC Foundation
REPORTING TO: Senior Officer Football Projects
JOB FUNCTION: To deliver and support a high quality sports provision across the counties of Berkshire and Middlesex. To deliver and administrate as necessary, in liaison with the Head Coach (employee of Uxbridge College), the men’s football programme at Uxbridge College. To support in the administration and delivery of the football projects programme.
LOCATION: Uxbridge College, Middlesex.
- To deliver and support the Uxbridge College men’s’ football programme.
- To deliver, support and lead in the development of a Berkshire & Middlesex wide sports development programme.
- To support and lead on the effective planning and delivery of a schools activity programme across Berkshire & Middlesex.
- To support with the effective planning required for all soccer schools delivered in Berkshire & Middlesex.
- To actively seek sporting opportunities across Berkshire & Middlesex, to further enhance the delivery programme.
- To support in the administration and delivery of the football projects programme.
- Promote equal opportunities.
MEASURES OF PERFORMANCE:
- Positive feedback on delivery and management of the Uxbridge College programme.
- Positive feedback from schools, groups, organisations, participants & parents.
- Achieving set targets for each activity, sustainability of the business.
- Positive feedback regarding organisation and delivery on football projects programme.
- 1st 4 Sport Level 2 FA coaching award.
- In date Safeguarding children & first aid certificate.
- Five GCSE’s including maths and English.
- Clean driving licence.
- CFCF Premier League enhanced DBS.
- 1st 4 Sport Level 3 or 4 FA coaching award.
- Other sports qualifications.
- A levels, degrees and/or masters.
- Mini bus licence or D1.
- Previous experience coaching senior youth players.
- Working with and in line with a budget.
- An understanding of community sport.
- Knowledge of the ‘every child matters’ framework.
- Able to deliver safe high quality coaching sessions and ability to mentor and educate.
- To supervise young people / participants and volunteers.
- Communication skills – to young people as a positive role model, sessional coaches, teachers, parents, youth managers, steering groups and local partners.
- Multi-tasking and problem solving.
- Ability to work in a confident and flexible manner and understand the importance of private and confidential material.
- Ability to network, be resourceful and cross-sell activity.
- IT literate.
- Experience coaching elite level senior youth male footballers.
- Have delivered football as part of a sports college provision.
The Employee must at all times carry out his/her responsibilities with due regard to Chelsea FC Foundation policies and procedures in particular Health & Safety, Financial Authorisation, Confidentiality and with regard to the Data Protection Act. The Employee must act to protect all young people and vulnerable adults that are in their care or attending the Company’s premises. The Employee must report any misconduct or suspected misconduct to the Foundation Safeguarding Lead.
Chelsea Football Club and the Foundation is fully committed to ensuring the safety and well-being of all children, young people and adults at risk (vulnerable groups) that are in our care or attending our premises. Applicants must be willing to undergo child protection screening appropriate to the post, including checks with past employers and the Disclosure and Barring Service.
The Employee must ensure a positive commitment towards equality and diversity by treating others fairly and not committing any form of direct or indirect discrimination, victimisation or harassment of any description and to promote positive working relations amongst Employees and customers.
The above Job Description is not intended to be exhaustive, the duties and responsibilities may therefore vary over time according to the changing needs of the Club.