We are currently recruiting for a Data Analyst to join our recruitment team at USM Finch Farm. The successful candidate will be responsible for the data analysis strand of a scouting department that is structured into 3 key areas – Live Scouting, Video Scouting / Analysis & Data Analysis. You will support the department throughout the scouting process from identification through to acquisition utilising statistical analysis & interpretation to support decision making and department planning.
- As directed by the team there will be key daily and weekly tasks to be completed. These will include regular interrogation of data sets for the identification, analysis and comparison of players, creating summary content & delivering key messages / insight in preparation for regular departmental meetings.
- Responsibility for analysing data sets to provide proactive feedback to the department across 4 key areas / sources of data – performance profiling, biographical profiling, risk assessment / squad evolution & subjective scouting data.
- Performance Profiling – using data to analyse technical and physical performance, identify potential players of interest from ‘hard to reach’ scouting areas, creating between squad & between target comparisons to assess performance and fit with regards to key target positions, looking deeper into player performance & transitions between different competitions
- Biographical profiling – using non-performance-based data to analyse career trajectories, identify emerging players and players hitting key thresholds / markers
- Risk Assessment & Squad Evolution – providing proactive feedback to the department around the make-up of current squad and the make-up and evolution of successful teams, providing an objective analysis on all potential signings (durability, return of investment etc) & researching into market trends to aid decision making / guide negotiation.
- Staying on top of trends within the industry & constantly looking to develop new metrics, models & ways to analyse performance through the use of data analytics
Working within the Department
- Being the expert within the data analysis area of a department that is split into 3 key areas (Live Scouting, Video Scouting/Analysis & Data Analysis)
- Being proactive with feedback & the delivery of information that should feed the other two areas of the department
Wider Club Projects
- Working closely with the Performance Analysis Department & other key stake holders within the club on the development of data analytics & wider projects in line with the plans and philosophy of the club.
You must have experience in data analytics, inclusive of the preparation, interpretation/ analysis, visualisation and presentation of data. As well as a good understanding of using tableau & Alteryx or similar.
This is fantastic opportunity to join a Top times 100 company to work for, if you would like to find out more, contact us today.
Closing date for applications is 5pm Monday 20th May 2019.
The Everton Family is committed to equal opportunities and is proud to be a Disability Confident Employer. We provide a fully inclusive and accessible recruitment process, we accept all job applications in a variety of formats and should you need any documents in a different format or require any further support or assistance please contact the Recruitment team on 0151 705 9709 or via email [email protected]
The Everton Family is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment.
Apply cliking HERE