Job Title: Academy Head of Recruitment Reporting to: Academy Manager Location: Rotherham United Football Club Academy
- Recruit (and identify via the relevant age group recruitment co-ordinators) players of required quality to represent the Academy therefore to recruit, organise and manage a team of local scouts to support the Academy and Youth Development Programme at all levels.
- Maintain and enhance the local, regional and any national scouting networks to fulfil the above criteria.
- Ensure that scouts report back to the club with quality and in an efficient manner and maintain all such documentation – including uploading information onto the PMA database.
- Ensure that the required recruitment data is produced for EPPP inspection/audit.
- Assist scouts working with the U9-18 age groups by providing scout education and making available other training to enhance their skills and knowledge for their jobs.
- Maintain and develop strong links with schools, districts, counties, and international associations, as well as junior leagues.
- Ensure with the Lead Phase Coach that the correct procedure is carried out for trialists.
- Be available to scout for players wherever and whenever the Academy Manager can reasonably expect. This may occasionally mean overnight or longer trips and will incur travel outside the UK.
- Manage and oversee the Talent Identification strategy for Rotherham United by working closely with the Academy Manager
- Through regular communication with Academy staff, monitor players and report their progress on a regular basis, attending the scheduled 6 weekly Academy Management Team Meeting
- To actively manage scouting staff to produce the required information and documentation on players deemed suitable and capable of being considered for Rotherham United.
- Oversee scouts to ensure they carry out their roles and responsibilities within the parameters of the Club/Academy Codes of Conduct and Policies and Procedures.
- Organize and implement recruitment CPD
MAIN DUTIES/KEY ACTIVITIES
- Ensure Scouts complete the relevant documentation and player profiling.
- Through a programme of monitoring, ensure the recruitment process associated with excellence is maintained and continuously developed.
- Be actively involved with the coaching staff in developing the requisite Rotherham United Academy Player Profile document and guide.
- To provide up to date reporting of all talented players identified, the monitoring process and reporting to the Academy Manager through the 6 weekly Academy Management Team Meeting. Advise the meeting of potential Academy players, trials and games for trialists, providing specific details regarding travel, accommodation and educational needs.
- Provide an input into the development of annual budgets and targets associated with Recruitment, working closely with the Academy Manager.
- When required attend the Academy Technical Board meeting – to advise the meeting of potential Academy players, trials and games for trialists, providing specific details.
- Provide details on potential Academy player’s information with personal details. Identify player targets and dissemination of requests for trials from correspondence, emails, telephone and other Academies release documentation.
- Confirmation of fixtures to aid in Academy recruitment.
- Up-to-date FA Talent Identification Course
- Satisfactory DBS check
- Up-to-date Child Protection Certificate
- Three years of experience working in an Academy or Centre of Excellence with relevant age groups in coaching/recruitment
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Availability for flexible working hours
- IT literacy
Please click here to apply.