Physical Conditioning (by CT Jesuítas): Gym work for performance improvement and injury prevention?
3 great specialists answered to this question and many more!
- Tom Joel,1st Team Sport Scientist at Leicester City Football Club and the Strength and Conditioning Coach;
- Luis Mesquita: Founder of “Bridging The Gap: Rehab & Performance.” Strength and Conditioning Coach for the Chinese Olympic Committee and Shijiazhuang Everbright Football Club;
- Mário Simões: Founder of “CT Jesuitas – Functional and Fitness”. Strength and Conditioning Coach of several top level Soccer Players.
- Is strength training associated with athletes being slower?
- How can strength/gym sessions improve performance
- How can strength /gym sessions help prevent injuries
- How can S&C coaches pass the message to the manager and athletes, that “gym” work is important
- Can the club do individualized work with athletes in the gym?
- How to manage athletes with personal trainers outside the clube
- How can we manage athletes with different backgrounds related to gym/strength and power training
- Major concerns regarding gym work and increase in performance
- Major concerns regarding gym and injury prevention
- How would you integrate gym sessions (strength and power) with field training (tactical)
- What would be a “normal” week in the gym with 1 or 2 games.
- Lectures 9
- Quizzes 0
- Duration 1 hours
- Skill level All levels
- Language English
- Students 689
- Assessments Yes
Gym work for performance improvement and injury prevention? 9
Good to prevent Injuries
Thank you very much for this wonderful lesson. It helps to prepare players so as to avoid injuries which may incur due to poor warms up before the games