Stoke City Football Club of the English Football League is looking for remote Video Scouts to support our First Team Scouting and Recruitment operations at our Training Ground Facility at Clayton Wood in Trent Vale.
The successful applicant will be responsible for assisting with the identification and monitoring of recruitment targets for the Club’s First Team and Development Squads.
- Watching video footage of matches from selected leagues as directed.
- Compiling detailed scout reports on assigned players, containing quantitative and qualitative data and observations.
- Adhering to the Club’s positional requirements, report format and metric definitions when watching assigned players (formal training will be provided).
- Attending ad-hoc meetings at our Training Ground Facility or virtual CPD events as required.
- Experience working in a similar role and a thorough understanding of objective and subjective recruitment methods.
- Demonstrable knowledge of football and passion for talent identification.
- Analytical mind set when watching football.
- Proficient IT and written skills.
- Outstanding organisational skills and ability to work to deadlines.
- Trustworthiness and an appreciation of confidential information.
- Experience using Scout 7 and Wyscout.
- Related sports degree or qualification.
- Ability to speak a second European language to an intermediate level.
The position requires a high degree of flexibility to cover evening and weekend work as required and will be offered on a casual basis with remuneration given accordingly.
This organisation is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and adults at risk and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. Background checks and DBS checks at the appropriate level will be obtained prior to employment commencing.