Derby County Football Club is looking for a dedicated and experienced data analyst to join the team!
The successful candidate will play a pivotal role in creating data driven insights for the first team coaching staff and players through the exploration of complex and evolving data sets. Using a variety of communication techniques these insights will aid the creation and delivery of information to support the preparation for first team games.
Great communication skills and the ability to form good working relationships is key to this role. The successful candidate will have a keen eye and attention to detail whilst working to tight deadlines.
- To work closely with Tactical Analysts to aid in streamlining and enhancing current working practice.
- Provide key insights into the Pre and Post Match process to the relevant coaching staff
- Undertake projects to enhance understanding and facilitate insightful discussions, e.g. trend analysis etc.
- Undertake live analysis during matchday
- Presenting visually aesthetic reports/dashboards to improve current practices
- Keep abreast of current research and the latest developments in Sports Analysis practice and suggest ideas to assist with continuous improvement accordingly.
Personal characteristics and experience:
- Experience and ability to design and implement insightful metrics, dashboards & communication tools using visual analytics software (i.e. Power BI, Tableau, Qlik Sense.
- Strong ability to pool and quickly sift, analyse, identify anomalies and patterns and summarise large volumes of data
- Ability to apply data visualisation techniques to assist in decision making process and facilitate insightful discussions amongst key stakeholders
- Ability and commitment to working irregular and unsociable hours during the season
- Highly motivated whilst being able to work calmly under pressure and unsupervised
- At least one year experience working at a professional football club
- At least one year experience working with performance data
- Although not essential, an undergraduate or postgraduate degree in a sports science related course would be desirable
- Detailed knowledge of football from a tactical perspective – through previous roles and/or relevant qualifications (e.g. Coaching Badges)
- Knowledge of relational database systems (SQL, Alteryx, Oracle) and concepts such as modelling and ETL would be desirable
As part of the Club’s commitment to providing a safe environment for children and young people, applicants should be aware that an application for an Enhanced Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS) Criminal Record Check (CRC) is required as part of the recruitment process.