The New York Red Bulls are one of 26 teams in Major League Soccer (MLS). RBNY, one of the ten charter clubs of MLS, have competed in the league since its founding in 1996. The Red Bulls play home matches at Red Bull Arena (RBA) in Harrison, New Jersey. The three-time MLS Supporters’ Shield Winners are owned by the Austrian beverage company Red Bull for which the team is named. The New York Red Bulls offer one of the nation’s premier youth soccer development programs, from local soccer partnerships across New York and New Jersey to Regional Development Schools and the Red Bulls Academy teams.
We are currently looking for an extremely diligent, innovative, hard working individual to join our expanding scouting department as an Assistant Scout. The candidate is expected to portray high levels of self motivation and possess the ability to work as part of a team in an elite working environment. Candidates must have previous scouting experience at the professional level within soccer.
The position focuses on the Red Bull New York (MLS) team, although it will also support NYRB II (USL) and the Red Bulls’ Academy. The successful candidate will be positioned within the scouting department at the Red Bulls Training Facility located in Whippany, New Jersey. This is a full-time position focusing on all aspects of player recruitment and scouting. The successful candidate will at times be expected to work flexible hours including evenings and weekends, at the discretion of the Head of Scouting.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS (Required to perform the job)
- Identify players through the use of data analysis, video scouting and live scouting
- Create both written and video reports on individual players to feed into our scouting database
- Stay ahead of trends using research and data analytics to enhance our advantage in the market
- Build up a robust portfolio of player research and information in advantageous territories
- Manage the day to day upkeep of the internal scouting database
- Support the Head of Scouting with departmental organization (i.e tournament planning)
- Lead on video and data-based projects as needed under the guidance of the Head of Scouting
- All other duties as assigned by the Head of Scouting
SPECIFIC JOB KNOWLEDGE, SKILL AND ABILITY
The individual must possess the following knowledge, skills, and abilities and be able to demonstrate that he or she can perform the essential functions of the job:
- A deep knowledge of scouting processes within soccer, backed up by relevant experience
- Possess excellent communication, organizational, and time-management skills
- Experience utilizing a variety of performance analysis and video editing software is required
- Proficiency in presentation building tools (Microsoft Office/Apple Office)
- Experience in statistical analysis (preferred)
- Strong attention to detail, working diligently with accuracy under time constraints
- Candidate will be required to work varying schedules including weekends
- Bring a natural enthusiasm to discovering soccer players for our club
- Bachelor’s degree in performance Analysis, Sports Science, or related area of study (preferred)
- Coaching License (preferred)
- Candidate should have work experience as a scout, and/or performance analyst at a professional level (preferred)
Due to the cyclical nature of the entertainment industry, the employee may be required to work varying schedules, including weekends, to reflect the business needs of the company.
Red Bull New York provides comprehensive benefits offerings to all full-time employees. Our benefits include medical and dental insurance, 401(k) plan, flexible spending accounts, tuition reimbursement, life insurance, health and wellness benefits, and a paid time-off program.
Red Bull New York is an equal opportunity employer and we will not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of age, race, creed, color, national origin, ancestry, marital status, affectional or sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, disability, nationality or any other classification protected by law.