JOB TITLE: Youth Recruitment Analyst
REPORTING TO: Head of Youth Recruitment
JOB FUNCTION: Coordinate geographic regions of scout co-ordinators, area scouts and assistants to provide accurate and actionable information on external players.
CONTRACT: 40 Hours Per Week (approx.) across 5.5 working days
MAIN RESPONSIBILITIES (Play Your Part):
- Work with Area Coordinators and Scouts to ensure they are scheduled on appropriate games to cover target players and age groups.
- Oversee scouts including meeting preparation and bi-annual reviews.
- Track, monitor and support scouts completing reports on the scouting database, ensuring data quality standards.
- Track progress and compile depth charts on U9-U18 players in Local, National and International Recruitment.
- Create ‘headline’ reports, evaluate data and provide weekly updates for senior recruitment staff.
- Produce executive summaries (using video and data) for target player presentations and senior management.
- Prepare and develop presentations for youth scout meetings and conferences.
- Develop content for recruitment and coordinator weekly meetings.
- Support integration of grass roots player data into local and national recruitment.
- Align local, national and international recruitment assessment processes.
- Align internal Academy player assessment with recruitment player assessment.
MEASURES OF PERFORMANCE (Here to Win):
- Scout reports accurately in system.
- Players on target lists.
- Players signed.
- Develop systems and processes in place.
- Organised and diligent.
- Willing to take responsibility and follow tasks to a successful completion.
- Ability to effectively prioritise workflow.
- Be personable and enthusiastic with a strong work ethic.
- Confident communicator with an approachable and friendly manner.
- Masters/PhD degree in Economics, Sports Analysis, or a related data discipline.
- FA Level 1 & 2 Talent ID Qualification or UEFA B Coaching Licence.
- Valid Passport and driving licence.
- Fluent in English.
- 3+ years experience (minimum) in elite sports as a data analyst.
- Knowledge of the football market, the role of a scout and the European geographic region.
- Highly computer literate in office, presentation software and the ability to use in-house systems.
- Highly skilled in the use of numbers and management of data, specifically within elite sports.
This is an exciting opportunity to join the Academy in a data analyst position. If you feel you have the right experience and technical know-how for the role and are looking for a new challenge, please apply below!