Department: Saints Foundation
Accountable to: Football & Sports Development Officer
Criminal Record Check: Enhanced
Contract Type: Permanent
Saints Foundation is the charity of Southampton Football Club – we’re the club’s way of giving back. We use the power and passion of the club to transform lives in and around Southampton, helping people fulfil their potential to be more involved, healthier and empowered members of the community.
What is the role?
To deliver ‘Best in Class’ coaching programmes within the Football & Sports Development department at Saints Foundation; providing increased opportunities for participants to enjoy safe, structured, and inclusive sport-based sessions that promote active and healthy lives both in schools and the community.
What are we looking for?
The competencies which are required include:
- Have a good understanding of the components needed to ensure the Saints Foundation is the ‘Best in practice’ for football, multisport, PE & School Sport delivery.
- Leading & delivering to large football centres, camps and managing other coaches on site.
- Experience of M&E and quality assurance procedures relevant to the industry sector.
- Knowledge of Club Community Organisations and Football & Sports Development Programmes.
- A strong knowledge of Southampton FC’s FDSC programme and how the Saints Foundation can use the ‘Southampton Way’ values to promote our paid provisions.
- To have led curriculum physical education delivery, as well as upskilling primary school teachers.
- To have managed football teams, at both children and youth level
- To have worked in an elite player centre
- To have excellent knowledge of both school sports and grassroots football
Essential Qualifications (including certifications):
- Hold degree in relevant subject or min of 3 years industry experience
- Hold a minimum FA Level Two in Football Coaching qualification
Desirable Qualifications (including certifications):
- afPE 1st4sport Level 3 Certificate in Physical Education and School Sport
- UKCC Level 1/2 Coaching qualification or equivalent in a variety of sports.
- UEFA ‘B’ Coaching Certificate
- Excellent communication and organisation skills.
- Adaptable to a variety of environments, whilst keeping standards high.
- Demonstrate excellent customer service skills to partners, parents/guardians and players
- Ability to organise and motivate team members.
- Confident and outgoing personality.
- Aims to support and improve staff members.
- Positive attitude.
What do you get in return?
If you are successful you can look forward to a healthy benefits package;
- Two Season Tickets.
- 22 days’ holiday per year increasing to 25 after 1st July 2020
- Life Assurance Cover of 2x salary.
- Contributory Pension Scheme.
- Incentivised Private Medical Insurance Scheme.
- Child Care Vouchers.
- Worldwide Travel Insurance.
- Free onsite parking.
- Discounted Southampton Football Club merchandise.
The closing date for applications is 7th February 2020. Interviews commencing week of 10th February 2020.
*We reserve the right to close this vacancy early, if a high volume of applicants are received. *
More info, click HERE