Sport Lisboa e Benfica is recruiting for the Human Performance Department:
LOCATION: SEIXAL – Lisbon
- Lead and manage the Sports Science – Strength & Conditioning, Return to Play and Monitoring – for Youth Football, driven by a best practice approach, integrated with the vision and structure of the club.
- To develop and oversee the performance strategy in accordance with the club strategy for Youth Football;
- To ensure continued development of the coaches’ practices;
- To monitoring and evaluate the impact of player development and performance, considering the maturational moment and the characteristics of the athlete;
- To maintain all legal and professional qualifications in relation to own profession and the equivalent standards for all the coaches within the department;
- To manage professional development for all Youth Football Coaches;
- To facilitate research projects within the club to underpin practice;
- To oversee the development and effective management of facilities and equipment;
- To maintain detailed records of all Youth Football actions in accordance with relevant legislation, policies and procedures of Sport Lisboa e Benfica;
- To create and implement systems and methodologies to track and evaluate the objectives and success of the department;
- To review budgetary needs for the department;
- To deliver best practice coaching throughout the Academy. This would include the production of programmes and the delivery of training sessions designed to enhance the physical and physiological capacities of the young players (this would include the delivery of functional movement, pre-act, speed, weightlifting, metabolic fitness, flexibility and injury prevention sessions).
REQUIRED EXPERIENCE, KNOWLEDGE AND QUALIFICATIONS
- Master in Sports Science or Strength and Conditioning (PhD desirable);
- 5 years of experience in a high-performance Academy football environment, working in an interdisciplinary sports science/ medicine team;
- Languages: Portuguese (desirable) and English.
SKILLS AND ABILITIES
- Availability and commitment;
- Change management and embedding new ways of working;
- Conflict management;
- Creativity and innovation;
- Information analysis;
- Orientation towards results;
- Teamwork and interpersonal relationship;
- Planning and organization;
- Working under pressure.
Please apply clicking HERE