Be part of our journey…
Football & Sports Development Coach
Accountable for: N/A
Contract Type: Fixed Term – full time hours.
What is the role?
In this role, you will be responsible for the front-line delivery of a variety of coaching programmes within the Football & Sports Development department, ensuring they are ‘best in class’ at all times. You will promote a safe environment for all participants across a range of school and community sites which is structured, inclusive, engaging and enjoyable. Whilst coaching a variety of participants in football and other sporting activities, you will also work to promote active and healthy living to everyone you engage with. You will deliver ‘Best in Class’ coaching provision across Football & Sports Development department’s services lines of; School Sports, Soccer Schools, Coaching Courses & Team Coaching, ensuring curriculum’s are consistently followed and delivered to, whilst making sure all delivery aligns to the targets and aims of the service lines. A key part of the role is to increase and retain high levels of participants, whilst ensuring the customer experience is Best In Class for all parties; including partners, parents/guardians and players.
This role is a Fixed Term contract until August 2020.
What are we looking for?
The successful candidate will have a wealth of experience in delivering a variety of coaching sessions and have a strong industry knowledge which will allow them to determine and implement a ‘best in class’ approach. The individual will be passionate about working with young people and understand the value that sport may play in enhancing lives. The successful candidate will need to possess a FA level 2 in Football Coaching, which would ideally be supplemented with further qualifications related to coaching or education. You will need to be passionate about delivering various areas of school sport, and be able to adapt to different audiences and settings. You will need to have excellent communication skills and be able to think creatively in order to engage participants, and be highly organised to ensure all sessions are appropriately scheduled and prepared for.
The competencies which are required include:
- Have a good understanding of the components needed to ensure the Saints Foundation is the ‘Best in practice’ for football, multisport, PE & School Sport delivery.
- Leading & delivering to large football centres, camps and managing other coaches on site.
- Experience of M&E and quality assurance procedures relevant to the industry sector.
- Knowledge of Club Community Organisations and Football & Sports Development Programmes.
- A strong knowledge of Southampton FC’s FDSC programme and how the Saints Foundation can use the ‘Southampton Way’ values to promote our paid provisions.
- To have led curriculum physical education delivery, as well as upskilling primary school teachers.
- To have managed football teams, at both children and youth level
- To have worked in an elite player centre
- To have excellent knowledge of both school sports and grassroots football
Essential Qualifications (including certifications):
- Hold degree in relevant subject or min of 3 years industry experience
- Hold a minimum FA Level Two in Football Coaching qualification.
Desirable Qualifications (including certifications):
- afPE 1st4sport Level 3 Certificate in Physical Education and School Sport
- UKCC Level 1/2 Coaching qualification or equivalent in a variety of sports.
- UEFA ‘B’ Coaching Certificate
- Excellent communication and organisation skills.
- Adaptable to a variety of environments, whilst keeping standards high.
- Demonstrate excellent customer service skills to partners, parents/guardians and players
- Ability to organise and motivate team members.
- Confident and outgoing personality.
- Aims to support and improve staff members.
- Positive attitude.
What do you get in return?
If you are successful you can look forward to a healthy benefits package;
- A competitive salary depending on experience.
- Two Season Tickets.
- 22 days’ holiday per year <,increasing to 25 days after one full football season.
- Life Assurance Cover of 2x salary.
- Contributory Pension Scheme.
- Incentivised Private Medical Insurance Scheme.
- Child Care Vouchers.
- Worldwide Travel Insurance.
- Free onsite parking.
- Discounted Southampton Football Club merchandise.
The closing date for applications is Monday 2nd September 2019/ First Stage interviews Wednesday 4th September
Apply clicking HERE