Job Title: Academy Recruitment Analyst
Employer: Brighton & Hove Albion FC
Contract type: 12 month fixed term contract, full time
Hours: 35 hours per week
Location: Lancing, The American Express Elite Football Performance Centre
Salary: £22,000 per annum
Benefits: Club Pension Scheme | Group Life Protection | Club discounts & offers
Closing date for applications: 31st August 2019 @ 23:59:59
Roles and responsibilities
1. To co-ordinate fixtures for domestic national scouts U14-U18.
2. To monitor young players in the domestic leagues, UK leagues and some internationals.
3. To conduct background research into potential players of interest across leagues.
4. To provide videos of players of interest for key staff – full games and clipped footage.
5. To be the first port of call for regional domestic scouts.
6. To continually update the scouts recommended lists.
7. To ensure an in-depth level of due diligence is undertaken on all recommended players.
8. To assist in the creation of player dossiers.
9. To objectively record information from scouts on player performances and distribute to key staff.
10. To ensure a consistency of analysis throughout all levels of the club.
11. To maintenance the club’s recruitment database to provide a current picture of the club’s targets.
12. To upkeep internal tracking databases across all levels of the Academy Recruitment Strategy.
13. To develop a platform which focuses on internal player assessment and benchmarking.
14. To gather effective and insightful match data to track player performance and progress across a range of attributes and customisable profiles.
15. The benchmark performance against internal / national / European data for all Brighton age groups.
16. To keep abreast of all new technology and methodology related to recruitment and video analysis.
17. To film recruitment showcase games as and when required and possible.
18. To help manage and maintain all department equipment.
19. To undertake any departmental and/or club CPD.
20. Any other duties as defined from time to time by the Academy Recruitment Manager, Academy Manager and Recruitment & Performance Analysis Manager.
General duties and accountabilities
- To support Brighton & Hove Albion FC and AITC in their aims and objectives at all times.
- To ensure compliance with all relevant club policies, including health and safety policies.
- To ensure compliance with all relevant legal, regulatory, ethical and social requirements.
- To keep confidential any information gained regarding the charity, club and its personnel.
- To represent Brighton & Hove Albion Football Club and AITC in a professional manner.
- To maintain a flexible approach to work at all times.
- To undertake other duties and responsibilities as required from time to time.
- To uphold and live our Team Brighton Values; Treat people well, Exceed Expectations, Aim high (never give up) and Make it special.
- To be a champion of equality and diversity in the workplace and treat all staff, customers, sponsors, clients and applicants with fairness, dignity and respect.
- To report incidents of any form of discrimination through the correct channels.
- To promote best practice in safeguarding and create an environment that is safe for children young people and vulnerable adults.
- To report safeguarding concerns through the correct channels.
- To ensure that any safeguarding training and certificates are kept up to date.
This job description is not to be regarded as exclusive or exhaustive. It is intended as an outline indication of the areas of activity and will be amended in light of the changing needs of Brighton & Hove Albion FC.
Qualifications & Experience
- Related undergraduate degree e.g. Performance Analysis or Sports Science
- Excellent knowledge of English football, down to and including the Conference
- At least 2 years full time experience (not including internships) of performance or recruitment analysis in a professional football club
- IT skills to include video-editing and a high level of competence using Excel, Word and PowerPoint
- Attendance at live matches for the purpose of compiling player and match reports
- Knowledge of the recruitment process at a professional football club, specifically the Academy System
- Database management experience
- Creative presentation skills and experience
- Highly experienced user of ISF/Scout7
- Good understanding of how data insight can contribute to the development of recruitment
- Tactical knowledge, desirable experience in opposition and performance analyst role
- A “can do” & pro-active attitude
- An effective people manager and leader
- A genuine team player
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills (scouting managers and regional scouts)
- Proactive attitude within the role
- Excellent written skills
- Quality focus – takes responsibility for ensuring a high quality of work
- Highly organised and able to manage multiple tasks
- Drive and energy – demonstrates enthusiasm and is personally committed to achieving objectives set
- Self-Development – is receptive to feedback about own behaviour, strengths and areas for improvement
- A high level of confidentiality
- Meticulous attention to detail
- Flexibility and willingness to learn
- Ability to work calmly under pressure
- Ability to work unsupervised
Applicants must provide an accurate account of their professional skills and experience in the form of a C.V, and proof of eligibility to work in the United Kingdom.
Apply clicking HERE