The department is responsible for providing all football analysis support to teams across all levels of the club, including the senior and development levels.
To provide football analysis services to the academy men’s football team at Arsenal Football Club.
The role will focus on providing football analysis support to the U18 side, primarily within – but not restricted to – the following areas:
- Lead in the monitoring of individual player development programmes and delivery of individualised feedback
- Creation and delivery of individual player reviews
Pre-match opposition analysis
- Profiling of opposition teams through the application of analytics and video
- Lead in the creation of telestrated video
- Tagging of all U18 fixtures in order to better aid the development process and generate video libraries
- Drive feedback to coaches/players around game performance and areas of strength/improvement
- Filming of U18 matches
- Delivery of live feedback (where required)
- Lead in the capture and data generation of training sessions
- Assist in the application of training analysis within the coaching process
- Assist in development of the department and play an active role in aggressively pushing boundaries in order to achieve its targets
Match/Event responsibilities and organisation
- Must be available to work at all U18 matches and domestic and international travel will be involved.
Main Job Requirements and Person Specification
- Experience working as an analyst at the Academy level of football
- Experience of observing and/or being subjected to different sporting environments
- Understanding of varying working methodologies and best practice within elite sports analysis
- Ability to link theory to practice in a practical environment
- Deep technical and tactical understanding of football (strategies, systems, philosophies, game models
- Exceptional inter-personal skills that facilitate the effective delivery of performance insights, build connections and support a strong team cohesion
- Strong desire to continuously challenge, learn and move forward
- Minimum undergraduate degree relating to the field of sports science, data science or performance analysis
- Post-graduate qualification desired in a related discipline is preferred
- UEFA B coaching license is preferable but not essential
- Competencies in using the following software/hardware are advantageous: HUDL Sportscode Elite, HUDL platforms, SBG Focus, ChyronHego, CoachPaint, Tableau.
The position will close on 18 August 2019.
Arsenal FC is committed to the principle of equal opportunity and its policies for recruitment, selection, training, development and promotion are designed to ensure that no job applicant receives less favourable treatment on the grounds of race, colour, nationality, religion or belief, sex, sexual orientation, marital status, age, ethnic and national origin, disability or gender reassignment.