Be part of our journey…
Department: FDSC- Scouting & Recruitment
Accountable to: Director of Football Operations
Criminal Record Check Required: Enhanced (with children’s barred list)
Hours: Full time
Contract Type: Permanent
What is the role?
We are looking to recruit a Head of Academy Performance Analysis to join our dynamic team at Southampton Football Club, working as part of our Category 1 Academy. Within this exciting role, you will be required to oversee the strategy of all Academy Performance Analysis within the club, ensuring that we are constantly pushing boundaries to be at the forefront of all developments within analysis.
You will motivate and develop a team of analysts, push creativity and drive the development of new ideas throughout the department. You will lead on performance and statistical match analysis for the Academy, using the appropriate Information Technology to analyse performance of players and teams.
In addition to this, you will also manage our contracts and contractual relationships with service providers for both the first team and academy players, along with many other exciting and rewarding requirements.
What are we looking for?
We are looking for an individual who shares a passion for developing talented young players, into professional athletes. The successful candidate will have strong communication skills and be able to engage with a variety of stakeholders to deliver high quality analytics to coaching staff, management and players to aid their performance. You will need to be highly organised and have good time management skills, in order to deliver against a tight schedule and be a good problem solver who is able to prioritise workload. The individual will have excellent interpersonal and leadership skills and is able to build strong relationships in order to ensure the success of the department.
The competencies which are required include:
- Minimum 4 years elite performance analysis experience.
- At least 1 year managerial experience.
- Ability to manage workflows and processes.
- Extensive football understanding and ability to implement within elite sport.
- Proficient using SportsCode, OPTA Keynote, Excel, Word and PowerPoint skills.
- Experience of leading and developing a team of staff.
Essential Qualifications (including certifications):
- Related Sports Science degree.
Desirable Qualifications (including certifications):
- Coaching experience / qualifications.
- Post Graduate Master’s Degree.
- Ability to lead by example and drive a team.
- Ability to problem solve and be solution focussed when faced with challenges.
- Creative presentation skills / experience.
- A Strong commitment to Academy Analysis and aiding player development.
- High energy to manage and drive Analysis with the Football Club.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills (Player, Coaches, Senior Management Staff & Directors).
- Willingness to embrace change and new concepts / ideas.
- Highly organised and able to time manage multiple staff.
- Quality Focus – takes responsibility for ensuring a high quality of work.
- Self-Development – is receptive to feedback about own behaviour, strengths and areas for improvement.
- Familiarity of public speaking and presenting (internal & external).
What do you get in return?
If you are successful you can look forward to a healthy benefits package;
- A competitive salary depending on experience.
- Two Season Tickets.
- 24 days’ holiday per year, increasing to 25 days after one full football season.
- Life Assurance Cover of 2x salary.
- Contributory Pension Scheme.
- Incentivised Private Medical Insurance Scheme.
- Child Care Vouchers.
- Worldwide Travel Insurance.
- Free onsite parking.
- Discounted Southampton Football Club merchandise.
The closing date for applications is 31 August 2019.
Apply clicking HERE