SalaryCompetitiveRole locationSt George’s ParkType of contractFull Time
Head of Grassroots Coach Development
St George’s Park, Burton upon Trent
Closing Date: 2nd August 2019
The Football Association (The FA) is the governing body of football in England. We are responsible for promoting and developing the game at all levels; from grass roots through to the professional game, The FA Cup and the England International teams, and has two core assets: Wembley Stadium and St George’s Park.
Leads, develops and deploys the team of coach developers working in the grassroots game to deliver the FA Education plan, to provide grassroots players with consistent and fit for purpose coaching and learning opportunities.
- Lead the Grassroots tutor and mentor workforce to successfully deliver against and support the FA Education VMOST;
- Work closely with key stakeholders in the Participation Department to agree FA Education support to the CFAs, local leagues and clubs, school programmes and coaches in developing the coaching workforce;
- Ensure the effective resourcing and deployment of grassroots tutor and mentor workforce to ensure supply of coach educator provision meets target;
- Oversee appointments to the grassroots tutor and mentor workforce;
- Work closely with Senior Leads and Head of Pro Game and Women’s & Girls’ Coach Development to define the needs of learners in the modern game and best learning and teaching practice, ensuring its incorporation across FA Education, including the implementation of the DNA;
- Work closely with the Senior Lead: Quality Improvement to drive the continuous professional development and ongoing assessment of the grassroots tutor and mentor workforce to ensure the highest standards of delivery of grassroots qualifications and coach support;
- With the Head of FA Education and Head of FA Education Relations, maintain highly effective working relationships with (including but not limited to) the National Game Board, County FAs, international FAs, UEFA, FIFA, NGB and other sporting bodies as required/appropriate;
- Manage the funding and budgets of Grassroots Coach Development, working closely as required with Head of FA Education and FA partners to source and maximise investment into grassroots coaching;
- Effective line management of direct reports, including the development and monitoring of PDRs, holding individuals to account for delivery against requirements/targets;
- Positive and proactive contributor to UEFA B, Level 2 and Level 1 course content
- Regularly report to the Head of FA Education all relevant matters that emerge through the role, including highlighting any emerging trends that might affect the future work or priorities for the Department.
- Work with the Head of FA Education and the SLT to agree strategic direction and shape annual priorities to achieve the FA’s vision for the game;
- Ensure robust budgeting/ financial planning and implementation;
- Manage and report on performance against relevant KPIs
- Execute additional tasks as required in order to meet FA Group / FA Education’s changing priorities;
- Build trust and confidence in FA Education and strengthening the reputation of the FA throughout the grassroots game.
What we are looking for:
- A comprehensive understanding of and proven track record in grassroots football, with hands on experience of and comprehensive network in grassroots football
- Experience of working in a fast paced customer focused environment and delivering excellent customer service
- Experienced professional leader who is able to maintain the highest standards and drive high performance
- Able to collaborate effectively with peers to ensure that Grassroots Coach Development team have quality inputs to enable effective delivery
- Deep understanding of CPD pathway, particularly as applicable at Grassroots level
- Experience of managing and analysing budgets
- Holder of a high level football coaching qualification (UEFA B or above)
- High level youth football coaching qualification (YA3 or above)
- Business qualifications or relevant experience
- Experience in a education and or Youth / sports development
- Proven ability of embodying a learning ethos
What we can offer you:
- An exciting and challenging role within a changing, dynamic and world-renowned sports organisation.
- Attractive benefits and a competitive salary for the right candidate.