SalaryCompetitiveRole locationSt. George’s ParkType of contractFull Time
Closing Date: 19th July 2019
The Football Association (The FA) is the governing body of football in England. We are responsible for promoting and developing the game at all levels; from grass roots through to the professional game, The FA Cup and the England International teams, and has two core assets: Wembley Stadium and St George’s Park.
In collaboration with other National Coaches, develop and practically deliver a comprehensive, world leading in-possession strategy including team tactical and individual technical components which creates an inspirational learning experience for players and competitive advantages to England players and teams.
Key Accountabilities – as a Specialist Coach working around the age group:
- Collaborate with other national coaches and the MDT to develop a season Goal Tree with particular input in to the In-Possession objectives linked to the pathway overview document
- Analysis and coding of opposition team out-of possession strategies, tactics and techniques to inform the development of in-possession strategies and to contribute to team game plans
- Work collaboratively within a multidisciplinary team to support the creation of a consistent outstanding learning, and development environment for all players
- Create session plans for up coming events, linked to How We Play, Individual development plans and the Game Plan
- In collaboration with other national coaches, development and delivery of detailed position and individual specific training programmes which improve the in possession techniques of players for International Football
- In collaboration with other national coaches, the development and delivery of world leading attacking set-piece strategies and tactics
- Write and deliver the in-possession components of individual International player development training programmes which define clear objectives, benchmarks and methods of improvement for International Football
- Inspiring, world class on and off-field delivery of in-possession strategies to teams, units and individual players
Key Accountabilities – Off camp as a Specialist Coach:
- In collaboration with other national coaches, develop and effectively deliver leading, innovative, evidence-based in-possession tactical strategies and techniques within the England DNA framework which create competitive advantages for England teams.
- In collaboration with other national coaches and talent identification staff, develop detailed positional role profiles for the in-possession model
- Lead and assist in the development and delivery of research projects and case studies which inform the ongoing development of the in-possession model through the analysis and benchmarking of other nations and sports
- Track, support and develop players with the England Development pathway including live observations in games and training
- Develop outstanding player and club/league relationships through a structured club visit and engagement programme
What we are looking for:
- UEFA ‘A’ Licence
- Member of the Licensed Coaches Club
- Extensive experience in coaching and development of elite players
- Proven ability to systematically analyse and communicate technical and tactical coaching information
- Deep knowledge of technical and tactical components of in-possession strategies, tactics and techniques
- Inspirational coaching style with the ability to utilise a variety of styles
- Proficient use of MS office
- Successful track record in player development
- Understanding of the England DNA
- Understanding of EPPP
- FA Advanced Youth Award
- Degree in sports related subject
- UEFA Pro Licence
- Tutor / Mentoring experience
- Teaching certificate or experience
- Recent experience of coaching elite players (State phase)
- Evidence of good links and relationships with club staff and key stakeholders ( PFA, LMA, FL, FAPL)
What we can offer you:
- An exciting and challenging role within a changing, dynamic and world-renowned sports organisation.
- Attractive benefits and a competitive salary for the right candidate.
Click HERE to apply!