Job Title: Goalkeeper Coach
Reporting to: Regional Talent Centre Technical Director
Department: Chelsea Women
- The welfare of players within their designated group
- Providing high quality coaching and support
- Implementing a training and games programme in line with LTPD guidelines
- To follow the guidance of the Technical Director, Centre Manager and Chelsea FC Girls’ Regional Talent Centre Program.
- To submit a monthly training programme and session plans before each session to the Technical Director
- To conduct the player review process as set out by the Technical Director
- To communicate player review targets to Technical Director prior to reviewing players.
- To record all minutes, training sessions and training attendances.
- To follow the guidance of the Head of Operations & Safeguarding.
Measures of Performance:
- Understanding key elements of legislation around all RTC areas of work.
- Regular evaluation and reporting on performance.
- Session plans evaluated and monitored.
- Targets will be set in consultation with the Technical Director and these are reached.
- Feedback from all partners/staff.
- Ensuring each session is delivered in line with the technical programme.
- Knowledge and understanding of Safeguarding issues including holding a current FA Safeguarding Children Workshop certificate.
- Hold a minimum of FA Emergency Aid certification.
- FA Goalkeeping Level 2 Coaching Award.
- FA Level 2.
- Youth Modules 1 and 2
- CFCF PL enhanced DBS disclosure.
- Willingness to work weekends and training events when required.
- UEFA B Goalkeeping Licence.
- FA Youth Module 3/Award.
- Degree in Sport/related field.
- Valid UK Driving Licence and own transport.
- Live within commuting distance of Cobham.
- BFAS Certificate.
- Ability to work in a team environment.
- Experience in coaching girls’ football, understanding of the FA girls & women’s player pathway.
- Experience in working in elite football.
- Have knowledge and understanding of child development and be sensitive to children’s needs.
- An understanding of Talent Identification.
- Experience working in a Regional Talent Centre.
- An understanding of current RTC structures.
- Experience in Long Term Player Development in elite football.
The Employee must act to protect all young people and vulnerable adults that are in their care or attending the Company’s premises. The Employee must report any misconduct or suspected misconduct to the Foundation Safeguarding Lead.
The Employee must ensure a positive commitment towards equality and diversity by treating others fairly and not committing any form of direct or indirect discrimination, victimisation or harassment of any description and to promote positive working relations amongst Employees and customers.
The above Job Description is not intended to be exhaustive, the duties and responsibilities may therefore vary over time according to the changing needs of the Club.
Chelsea Football Club and the Foundation is fully committed to ensuring the safety and well-being of all children, young people and adults at risk (vulnerable groups) that are in our care or attending our premises.
Applicants must be willing to undergo child protection screening appropriate to the post, including checks with past employers and the Disclosure and Barring Service.
Apply clicking HERE