As the profile of Burnley FC continues to increase, the club’s official, award winning charity is looking to recruit a Football Development Coach to support with developing and delivering a range of football-based provision in South East Asia. Working in collaboration with our official overseas community partners, PDC Sports the role will be based in Xiamen, China but will include some travel across South East Asia.
Burnley FC in the Community is the award-winning, official charity of Burnley FC with a mission to inspire, support and deliver change within communities across Burnley, Pendle, Rossendale, the Ribble Valley and West Yorkshire. With a workforce of over 100 staff we work with over 70 regional, national and international partners who support the charity in delivering a wide range of projects across five key areas: Sport, Education, Health, Social Inclusion and Community Facilities.
We believe in the immense power of our football club to transform people’s lives for the better. Our highly-skilled, dynamic and passionate team work hard every day to deliver our mission. Come and be part of our story!
This role involves working closely with the Head of Football Development (Overseas) and with BFCitC staff already based in Xiamen, China and the role will be expected to:
- Deliver a grassroots based coach education programme to partner clubs and schools across China and SE Asia as required.
- Be involved in the successful implementation and delivery of football-based provision suitable for children aged between 3 – 18 years old.
- Plan, prepare and deliver fun and enjoyable sessions incorporating a variety of football-based skills.
- Provide feedback on performance and fitness, with a view to encourage and improve skills, knowledge and techniques within both a school and grassroots club environment.
- Act as a role model, gaining the respect and trust of the people you work with.
- Build strong and positive relationships with key stakeholders.
- Work to a high legal and ethical standard at all times, particularly in relation to issues such as safeguarding children and vulnerable people, and health and safety requirements.
- Work independently as well as forming and maintaining strong relationships within an overseas delivery team.
- To be able to work flexible and unsociable hours where the role of the job requires.
- To work towards agreed Key Performance Indicators (KPIs).
- Comply with all Charity policies.
- Promote the Burnley FC in the Community brand and ethos in a professional, strong and positive manner.
- A commitment to equality and diversity in the workplace and a willingness to undertake all relevant equality and diversity training.
- Undertake any other duties appropriate to this role.
Applicants will need to have a flexible approach to work. Please apply by downloading and completing the job application form which can be found on Burnley FC in the Community website – Careers and Opportunities. Burnley FC in the Community no longer accept CV’s.
Burnley FC in the Community is committed to safeguarding children and young people and is an equal opportunities employer and welcomes applications from all sections of the community. Successful applicants will be subject to an Enhanced Criminal Record Check (DBS).
*Please note only candidates selected for interview will be notified.
Remuneration + benefits:
- £20,000 – £23,000 per annum
- 28 days’ holiday (including bank holidays) per year
- Benefits include all associated accommodation costs, health insurance and two return flights to the UK per year
- 35 hours per week – flexible hours
- You will be required to work some evenings and weekends
- Fixed term for one year with the potential to extend
South East province of Jiangxi, China
Wednesday 5th December 5pm
TBC – Please note: all shortlisted candidates must be able to travel to Turf Moor for the interview process
Required Education, Skills and Qualifications
- FA Level 3 Certificate in Coaching Football (UEFA B Licence)
- FA (or equivalent) First Aid and Safeguarding certificates.
- Proven youth football coaching experience with players of varied abilities.
- The ability to monitor, evaluate and assess project performance.
- Experience of planning and preparing fun and enjoyable sessions incorporating a variety of football-based skills.
- Competent oral communication.
- Excellent organisation skills.
- Experience of delivering adult coach education programmes (desirable).
- Experience of delivering football-based provision overseas (desirable).
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: £20,000.00 to £23,000.00 /year
Apply clicking here.